Nesting Newlyweds: 10 Things You Should NEVER Say to a Seller
by Brian Block, RE/MAX Real Estate Managing Broker and Attorney (see exclusive offer below)
You like the house. Scratch that. You absolutely love the house.
You've looked at all the homes in your price range. You started with an online home search. Many of the homes you wanted to see and that you were tracking online sold before you even got a chance to see them in person. You walked through the doors of this one and instantly you were in love. Yes, love at first sight does exist especially when it comes to homes.
Desperately you look around the house trying to find something wrong but you cannot. You even love the color they painted the second bedroom. Who would have thought it? Neon Green. Somehow it works.
The seller happens to be home and you decide to engage them in conversation... see what you can find out. You've got a few questions before you make your final decision. Despite being advised against it by their REALTOR, the seller is more than willing to talk to you.
This article is continued on http://blog.brianblock.com/public/item/265792 which is one of the top real estate blogs in Virginia. We invite you to make comments, ask questions, read other real estate related articles or sign up for a FREE homebuyer seminar..
Dance Tip: Smile and the World Smiles With You
The idea of performing publicly can be intimidating. Whether or not you have taken the time to take dance lessons, your first dance is the first thing you will do as a couple. The First Dance is the primary intimate moment during the reception. Try not to think about the fact that everyone is watching you. Surrender to wedded bliss as you gaze lovingly at one another, smile and think about the honeymoon! Sometimes, when we are on display we may feel nervous or judged, therefore, pretend the two of you are alone and whisper sweet nothings, kiss or say you love each other. Not only will you enjoy the dance more, but you will also transport your guests into a lulled reverie as they watch a fairytale unfold!
After the initial adrenaline rush and nerves wear off, you will probably be so blissfully happy during your wedding dance that you might even be giggling or laughing. The downside to laughing is that our natural tendency is to hunch our shoulders and bend our back forward. To maintain a firm frame and keep your toes safe keep your chin up when laughing. When laughing the bride should remember to keep her shoulder blades squeezed together and press outward away from her partner. The groom must keep his shoulders rolled back and down in their sockets.
Weddings are rooted in traditions and rituals depending on the cultures that celebrate it. However, there is nothing like having a unique twist to making the life changing event and special day! Be it themed weddings, special favors, guestbook or centerpiece alternatives—everyone enjoys a great surprise to special events!
Here are our top wedding surprises for your wedding celebration:
- Theme Weddings: These are great when paired with the right location, setting, décor and not to mention make great wedding pictures. There are countless of ideas to choose, from a picnic to winter wonderland to anything you want. What is important is that the theme is based on something significant for you and your significant other.
- Centerpiece alternatives: You could have your centerpiece break-away into mini individual baskets, vases, or other holders with a small bundle of flowers in each that when put together create a large bouquet. Each mini bouquet can be taken home by guests at the table as souvenirs.
- Dove release during the ceremony
- Regal red carpet lining the aisle
- Carry a single rose dipped in gold in place of a big bouquet
- Instead of the usual jazz, introduce an international flavor to the cocktail hour with a flamenco guitarist
- Serve a different flavor for each layer of your cake
Planning Tip: Capture the Moment You’ll Treasure Forever: Wedding Photography
Weddings are one of the most significant moments in a person’s life – it’s a time when two people decide to make a commitment or change into to next phase of life with one another. You’ll want to capture the moment that you’ll treasure and in the years to come as you and your significant other spend the rest or your lives together.
Here are our top tricks and tips of the trade to keep in mind when working your wedding photographer for fantastic memories to be remembered!
- Posture—you’d be surprised how the smallest things make a huge difference in big picture and in this case, your wedding photos. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Always keep your head up and slightly outward
- Turn your body 45 degrees from the camera
- Keep your back straight
- Don’t let the weather get you down! There is just so much one can control in a wedding, but weather isn’t one of them. Yet never fear, your special day may not be sunshine and butterflies but gray or misty days allow for color to pop out in photos! They add a dramatic look for fantastic photos.
- Be sure to know and meet your photographer – after all, he or she will be with you the whole time during the special day and you’ll want to know that he or she understands what kind of pictures you want.
- The shooting list – be sure to have an idea of what kind of images you want taken during the celebration and go through it with your photographer. It would be best to go to the locations of where pictures will be taken so that the photographer can have an idea of the best angles and such.
- The best photos are usually unplanned! Relax, show your emotions and have a great time.
We pre-screen and negotiate with wedding vendors on your behalf to make your wedding planning easier!
Brian Block - RE/MAX Allegiance - 703-626-0715
Now that you are about to merge your life with your fiance, you may be looking to sell or purchase real estate. Click the banner to view Northern Virginia and DC Area homes from the comfort of your home. Brian Block is a national expert on real estate marketing, a Real Estate Broker for the area's top zip codes, Real Estate Attorney, author, media contributor and writes one of the top real estate blogs in Virginia. Go to www.VirginiaRealEstateNews.net
Present this coupon to recieve:
1. a FREE HOME APPRAISAL (value $350)
2. Two complimentary private ballroom dance lessons when you use his services for purchasing your home. (value $200)
3. FREE First Time Homebuyer Seminar -Click here for details
Perfect Wedding Guide - FACEBOOK.COM/DCPWG
17 LUCKY LOCAL BRIDES will be chosen to select their FABULOUS PRIZE. A winner will be announced on THESE DATES: 4/29; 5/20; 6/10; 7/1; 7/22; 8/12; 9/2; 9/23; 10/14; 11/4; 11/25; 12/16. REGISTER with PWG to be sure you have the greatest chance of winning, and the largest selection. EACH PRIZE is valued at $500 or more!. EACH PRIZE is from a highly regarded Greater Washington, DC Wedding Professional including The Wedding Dance Specialists!
HERE'S WHAT YOU COULD WIN:
• Custom veil
• 11x14 custom designed pressed floral art featuring your wedding flowers
• 3 hour shuttle accommodating 24 passengers
• Bridal Bouquet and Bridesmaids bouquets (up to 6 attendants)
• Two Night stay including gourmet breakfasts
• Full Chocolate Fountain Service for 100 guests
• Single horse and Vis-a-Vis Carriage for up to 2 hours use
• 1 Bridal suite overnight, room service dinner for 2, plus $100.00 Lake Forest Mall gift card
• Engagement photography session with social networking package, shot on location, web ready slideshow and 8x10 gift print
• Bridal Party Makeup Package
• Destination wedding gown
• Engagement photography session with guest book
• Premier wine tasting, tour, dinner for 2 and bottle of wine
• Two hour engagement photography session at any location of your choice, guest book, DVD video slide show, 100 save the date cards
• Free engagement session with CD of all images and beautiful custom designed 10x10 coffee table album
• 2 hour engagement session video
• 6 private wedding dance lessons from The Wedding Dance Specialists
The Chocolate Chick
The Chocolate Chick - After receiving a quote, present this coupon for $25 Discount on any chocolate fountain package and tell them The Wedding Dance Specialists referred you.
These are NOT our students!
We promise you will never look like this! We GUARANTEE that you will look and feel more elegant after ONE lesson with us than if you just try to "wing it". There are no "accidents" in dancing. Every mistake can be corrected or prevented using a specific technique. Dancing is a science made to look like an art!
This is so bad on so many levels...I wonder what the crowd's reaction are on this side of the dance floor...
Wedding Dance Workshop
Join us for our popular Wedding Dance Workshops on April 30 in Columbia, May 22 in Alexandria, VA and May 21 in Rockville, MD. Learn a variety of footsteps, travelling techniques, twirls and flirty moves to spice up your First Dance! This workshop was recommended by Washingtonian Magazine!
Workshop attendees who are Facebook Fans can qualify for discounts when you register within one week of the workshop for private lessons! For more workshop details click here